Leaves and Absences
Contact your MCC HR partner with questions.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) policies and forms
- Policy library can be used to search for policies related to leaves.
- Information on various types of leaves such as military, parental, or jury duty.
- Vacation donation program (Civil Service and Labor Represented employees only)
- If you think you may need to take a leave of longer than three days, medical or personal, contact your HR partner.
Computer and email management - must be coordinated with HR partner and supervisor
- If the leave or absence is longer than 6 months, please submit the Request to Terminate Support Form to temporarily remove a machine from AHC-IS support.
- If you know you will be on a leave of absence, go to your Google Mail (be logged in) and in the settings/gear icon drop down select settings. Then scroll down to vacation responder and turn the vacation responder on with the correct dates and a message that you will be out of the office and refer them to another person and/or email or phone number. Do NOT disclose any medical information in this section.
When you return from leave
- Make arrangements for return from your leave by contacting your HR partner. Your status will be updated in the payroll system.
- Review your W-4 for your withholdings and marital status and make updates as needed.
- To update your benefits, call 612-624-UOHR (612-624-8647) or 800-756-2363 to reach the Employee Benefits Service Center.
- Lactation Space/Nursing Moms: Additional University support and resources for nursing mothers